The course is designed to provide participants on a basic overview of the principles of ergonomics to increase the awareness of ergonomic issues in the workplace, musculoskeletal disorders and ergonomic exercises to avoid injury problems within the workplace.
- Understand common ergonomic issues in the workplace
- Recognize types of ergonomic injuries
- Identify risk factors associated with these injuries
- Apply proper techniques to reduce ergonomic risks at workstations
- Identify signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Know the procedures for reporting risk factors and musculoskeletal disorders.
Construction workers and managers that are responsible for the safety of their job site.
Time: 9am – 1pm
Duration: 4 hours
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Roles and Responsibilities pf Employees
- Causes of Ergonomic Injuries
- Controlling and Preventing Ergonomic risk factors (Posture, Force, Repetition, Vibration, Contact Stress, Environment)
- Workplace examples
- Ergonomics injuries sign and syndromes
- Procedures to report risk and injuries
There will be no assessment