Understanding and identifying the real cause of an accident is paramount in minimising workplace incidents. However, while every effort is being made by employers to prevent accident from reoccurrence, accident and unexpected illnesses do occur.
This combination course is designed to support those who are tasked with investigating and reporting accidents to ensure they apply practical and legally compliant approaches to the process, and identity improvements and preventative measures. Participants will also get brief on the work injury compensation claims procedure.
- Legislation surrounding the reporting of accidents
- The direct and indirect costs associated with an accidents
- Techniques and procedures to conduct an effective accident investigation
- The Work Injury & Compensation Act and its implications.
- WICA claim procedures
This workshop is intended for Managers, Supervisors, Line Supervisors, Health & Safety Representatives, Health & Safety Committee members.
Time: 9am – 1pm
Duration: 4 hours
Time: 9am – 5pm
Duration: 8 hours
- Introduction to Incident and accident
- Legal requirements
- Roles and responsibilities
- Accident causation theory
- Accident investigation techniques
- Cost of accidents
- Monitoring and reviewing performance
- Introduction of Workplace Injury And Compensation Act (WICA)
- WICA and their applications in today's work environment.
- Employer's Liabilities under WICA
- Work Injury Compensation Claims Procedure
There will be no assessment