The course is designed to raise awareness of the importance of health and safety in the workplace; as well as train participant to ensure their individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
- WSH Act and legislation
- General duties and responsibilities of employers and employees in workplace safety and health
- Hazard and risk awareness
- Accident reporting and prevention
All employees have responsibilities under the health and safety at work act.
Time: 9am – 1pm
Duration: 4 hours
- WSH Act and legislation overview
- Roles and Responsibilities pf employers and employees
- Identifying hazards and risks (risk assessment)
- Common workplace hazards and controls
- Accident causation theory
- Ways to prevent accident
- Reporting an accident
There will be no assessment